Request Special Collections Instruction
We are excited to offer your class or group an instruction session or a presentation including materials from Special Collections & University Archives (SCUA). Using primary source materials
- improves critical thinking and research skills,
- engages students by making historical events more personal which helps them view history as a sequence of human events instead of distant historical events, and
- encourages students to use evidence for their research.
Instruction can include, but is not limited to,
- a general orientation to the department's resources,
- guidance on navigating the department's website,
- understanding finding aids, and
- developing search strategies.
We can customize an instruction session around a particular subject area or pick materials out ahead of time that help students complete an assignment.
Please schedule your session at least 3 weeks in advance so that we can prepare for your visit. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.